Effective May 25, 2018
Data protection in the European Union
We refers to the controller within the meaning of Art. 4 (7) GDPR.
markusweimar.de refers to the website served under the domain markusweimar.de.
Visitors are persons who visit markusweimar.de.
You refers to you as a visitor of markusweimar.de.
What personal data is processed, when and why
Personal data may be stored when a web page is requested and served. This includes date, time, type, result, amount of transferred data, web address, user agent (system information as reported by your web browser), referrer (web address of the referring web page) and IP address (network address assigned to your device) of the request.
- To protect markusweimar.de from abuse and fraud.
- After 14 days unless data is still required in an ongoing investigation.
- Legitimate interests, Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR.
Personal data you provide when contacting us
Personal data may be stored when contacting us. This includes data such as your email address and the content of your email.
- To process your inquiry.
- When the legal obligation to preserve business records ends.
- Performance of a contract, Art. 6 (1) b) GDPR.
Third party data processors
We use third party services that may process your personal data for us in accordance with Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR. Data Processing Agreements have been entered with each party (Art. 28 GDPR). The following services may be provided by third parties:
- Web hosting to operate markusweimar.de. This includes related tasks, such as data backups. Web hosts will process any personal data markusweimar.de collects.
- Email hosting to operate our email accounts. Email hosts may process personal data, such as your name or email address.
Your rights regarding your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent to processing your personal data (Art. 7 (3) GDPR).
- Right of access, which includes requesting confirmation whether your personal data is being processed and information about how it is being processed as well as requesting a copy of your personal data (Art. 15 GDPR).
- Right to rectification of your personal data (Art. 16 GDPR).
- Right to erasure of your personal data (Art. 17 GDPR). Personal data that is no longer necessary for the purpose it was collected for is deleted unless legal obligations for retention apply.
- Right to restriction of processing of your personal data (Art. 18 GDPR).
- Right to data portability, which includes receiving your personal data and its transfer to another controller (Art. 20 GDPR).
- Right to object to processing of your personal data (Art. 21 GDPR).
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider the processing of your personal data infringes the GDPR (Art. 77 GDPR).
In accordance with Art. 32 GDPR, we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure adequate security of your personal data. Some of our security measures are:
- Being a static website, markusweimar.de lacks the security challenges introduced by Content Management Systems and server security is managed by our web hosting provider.
- Encryption of all web (HTTPS) and email (TLS) traffic.
- Login details (e.g. for web or email hosting) are saved in an encrypted format, secured with a strong password and multi-factor authentication is used if possible.
- Usage of firewalls on all systems.
- Creation of multiple, encrypted data backups, which are stored at different locations.
- Keeping up to date with developments in website and server security.
Data breach notification
In case of unauthorized access to or processing of your personal data, we will inform you about the incident and, if possible, which data of yours is affected. Furthermore, we will notify the supervisory authority if required according to Art. 33 GDPR.
+49 74573 91599961